- Display Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019Link: Late Talkers Have More Tantrums, According to New StudyCategory: NewsFeatured Image: late talkers have toddler tantrum photo treatment
- Display Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019Link: 6 Baby Names Reddit Couldn’t Stop Discussing in 2019Category: NewsFeatured Image: baby sleeping Reddit approved stamp
- Display Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019Link: Should I Allow My Child to Miss School for a Family Vacation?Category: Better ParentingFeatured Image: mickey mouse ears hat on top of school books
- Alt Text: baby sleeping Reddit approved stampTitle Text: baby sleeping Reddit approved stampCredit: ILLUSTRATION BY PARENTS STAFF; GETTY IMAGES
- Alt Text: late talkers have toddler tantrum photo treatmentTitle Text: late talkers have toddler tantrum photo treatment
- Alt Text: mickey mouse ears hat on top of school booksTitle Text: mickey mouse ears hat on top of school booksCredit: ILLUSTRATION BY YEJI KIM
My Stories and Interviews
I have a podcast called Blessing Not Stressing that has new releases as I feel the need to cover a topic. This usually includes lessons I have learned. a joke, and a blessing of the day. The lessons may be a cautionary tale or something I have learned from parents that may not have occurred to you. The blessing is because I like to include a silver lining that can come out of the more trying situations we face and add a touch of humor to the heavier topics.
Check it out on iTunes or Google.
I also post articles periodically on this blog site. Then I send out updates to a Facebook page and provide multiple updates daily on Twitter (@thebroadhead).
In case you are a visitor and you don’t know me yet, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Rob and I have almost twenty-five years of experience in the IT world. That experience is as a developer, architect, manager, and designer. It includes experience with that has used dozens of coding languages. I have built small and large applications over the years. Furthermore, I enjoy technology as a user and a creator. I think that plants me firmly in the “geek” category.
I must also introduce my other role as a father of five children. The load has shrunk as the kids grew up and headed to college, but I still get involved enough to continue to learn how to be a better parent. It is truly a never-ending task. That alone gives me more experience with children than most people would want. However, I must be a glutton for punishment. I also spent about a decade coaching youth hockey. Before that, about two decades in youth soccer as a coach, official, and trainer of officials. That adds up to a lot of interaction with children in the middle school to college age range from a wide variety of backgrounds.
A Wanna-be Jock
My athletic side requires me to introduce my sports background as well. I have given up soccer for the sport of hockey even though soccer was my sport through most of my life. Sprinkled among that time I spent a couple of decades playing handball as well. I guess I had to balance that footwork from soccer with the upper body workout of handball.
Hockey is currently my primary (and almost only) sport. Thus, I can be found on the ice as a player a couple of nights a week. That doesn’t include the nights I am in the stands watching the kids play or working on some ballroom dancing moves. I don’t coach anymore officially, I just yell at the referees like everyone else. 🙂
If my posts seem a little random, I apologize. This is a medium I find excellent for recording and sharing thoughts and sometimes that leads to a pattern that resembles a stream of consciousness. If you want to keep to a topic check out the categories menu. Complaints and suggestions can be posted on articles and I will address them where I can. Thanks for stopping by!
To learn more about me (my book) visit here: http://hockeymombook.com
For more information on building a site like this visit here: http://develpreneur.com
For higher end consulting, mentoring, and solutions visit here: http://rb-sns.com/RB